The timeline shows one sick thing after another:
- The family only contacting elders of their weird church, where Josh was arranged to receive "counseling" from a bullshit treatment program. (Doing manual labor on a building for the GD Hobby Lobby ISN'T TREATMENT!!) Oh, and the guy running the program was a sexual offender as well.
- The molestation continued, and Jim Bob Duggar told "law enforcement". Well, a close friend who happened to be a state trooper, but with the understanding that no charges would be filed. The state trooper gave Josh a "stern talking to", and all was forgiven. Jim Bob's friendly state trooper, of course, was also embroiled in his own child sex scandal where he was later sentenced to 56 years in prison for child pornography.
- Anonymous tips lead to a real investigation. Unfortunately, the day that the Washington Post makes a FOI request for the records, a court order is issued to destroy them all.
All of this should piss you off. I would think that this transcends political ideology and that conservatives should be angry as well.
OH, and they are!!---at the media for bringing it up.
I am so incredibly sorry that you’re even having to post this [apology] on your Facebook page.
The media can be shameless & so hurtful
The comments from the "moral values" crowd defending the most heinous action you could do with a small child are shocking and ludicrous. It started when one of those asshats argued with me that, first of all, there is no such thing as "child rape"--it is all "molestation". He was actually quibbling over calling it molestation because somehow that sounded better than rape. (There was digital penetration, genius, which is rape. But if it you makes you "feel better", then please: call it "incestuous molestation". Better?)
It got a lot worse.
You can go to Josh's facebook or instagram page and see these sickos for yourself, as well as any conservative discussion board. They are so bad that Salon.com and the DailyMail compiled several lists of conservatives' disgusting themes in defense of child rape:
- It was just a "mistake" (not a serious crime)
- His apology was tough enough
- Liberal media is mean
- Jesus forgave him so shut up (what, did He call and tell you?)
- We all have "skeletons in our closet"
- It's so much better than being gay because at least he stopped doing it
- Everyone else is doing it, so let's all chill out (really! several people said this! One sick bastard even said his uncle is a pedophile and NO BIG WHOOP!)
One of the worst ones (there were many) were a variation on this theme:
- Children all lie and exaggerate, so it probably wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be.
Many cons have used the term "sensationalizing" the story. This exact word came from Mike Huckabee's very long-winded and despicable defense of Josh Duggar's child raping habit. Huckabee told everyone to relax: raping a small child is a forgivable offense, but the real crime is how mean normal people are for being so upset about this.
According to that rat bastard, it's okay to hide behind Jesus when committing horrific crimes. The real sin, Huckabee says, is being born homosexual and those of us who support their basic rights. WE are the ones going to hell. As are women who want control of their own bodies. As are medical patients who want medicinal relief that isn't harsh or addictive.
But child rape? Apparently that's cool.
This isn't the first time Huckabee defended child rape.
In Ted Nugent's 1998 episode of VH1’s Behind The Music, Ted proudly admits to repeatedly raping underage girls. (They sickeningly referred to it as “his weakness for young women"). This is a man who coaxed a 12-year old to give him oral sex. He wrote a song about violently raping a 13-year-old, and another song about what he did in real life: became the legal guardian of an underage girl JUST SO he could have sex with her.
For crying out loud, his freaking songlist includes "Jailbait" and "I Am a Predator". (Seriously, how less ambiguous can he be?!)
Huckabee didn't lecture Ted at all. Instead, he invited this serial pedophile to ride with Huck as he campaigned as a conservative "family values" candidate.
Hell, on Huckabee's show on Fox, Mikey even jammed with that rapist while singing about having sex as a 10-year old!!
Huckabee also fiercely defended Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty, and even led the boycott of Cracker Barrel when they pulled Phil's tchotchkes from their shelves. This happened right after Phil told an audience that 20-year olds were too old to marry and instead they should go after 15-year olds!
All of this, and Huckabee still thinks he has some moral authority to deem the Duggars great parents while simultaneously criticizing the Obamas as "corrupting" their kids because they let them listen to Beyonce. (As far as I know, she never sang about raping a child.)
OH, and BTW Mike? Someone who tries to cover up their own son violently murdering a dog needs to shut the hell up on parenting.
And then there's Bill O'Reilly, who gleefully told Greta Van Sustren that a 15-year-old kidnap victim and victim of 4 years of serial rape must have "liked" his situation because he didn't have to go to school. (H/T Blue in NC)
I know it is pointless to argue with cons on child rape because they are often insane. They believe in this crap about "Babylon's laws" or "Man's Law", which is not Biblical Law.
OK, I'll play that game too. You know what the Bible says on abortion or homosexuality?? Nothing. Nowhere in either the Old or New Testaments is "abortion" forbidden, and nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say one word about homosexuality. Right-wing pseudo-Christians apparently think Christianity is defined as opposition to abortion, homosexuality and pre-marital sex: the three things Jesus NEVER. MENTIONED. ONCE.
(He did have entire chapters devoted to helping the poor, but F_ that I guess.)
In the Holy Book, all sorts of horrible acts are explicitly condemned and/or proscribed, but not any of those three are even brought up.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS CONDEMNED IN THE BIBLE? Rape!!
The Bible unequivocally condemns rape of any kind (Deuteronomy 22) and even states the punishment for it should be the most extreme punishment possible--death for the rapist. If we are going all Biblical, then Josh Duggar should be killed.
No one is calling for that. Apparently, cons think killing someone is only okay for someone selling loose cigarettes or walking home from the store after buying Skittles.
I was absolutely horrified when ISIS was trying to religiously justify prepubescent rape. Conservatives, in their zealous defense of a fellow homo-hater, are trying to do the same thing. Looking at how ISIS treats "infidels" and homosexuals, and looking how they justify their heinous crimes, it isn't ISIS itself who is a threat---it's those in our country who apparently want to emulate them.