Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Child: "Santa Doesn't Visit Me"

It tears my heart out to think of children who get nothing for Christmas, either because they are too poor or because they have no one. If you see a tree with cards or candy canes somewhere that has a child's name along with a toy wish--PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go ahead and get it.

I grabbed one where all the kid asked for was a coat. One stinking coat. I bought him a nice coat with a Transformer, packaged it, and put it under the tree. It will probably be the only gift he gets. It breaks my heart to see so many other wishes left. If I am ever wealthy, I'm buying every damn one of them something nice.

There is a tree at the Publix at the Winter Springs Shopping Center for the kids from House of Hope. If you know of other ones in the local area, please let me know so I can post them here.

Whether you are inside or outside Central Florida, if you run into one of these trees, please don't just walk by.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

No comments :

Post a Comment