Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lenny Curry on Crist "Abandoning" Florida



#78 of My Stupid State

Today, I wasn’t planning a post, but I saw something which inspired me. I want to tell you just how stupid Florida Republican Party Chairman Lenny Curry thinks you are as a voter in Florida.



One of Curry’s steady drumbeats in opposing Charlie Crist is laid out in this quote:


"Charlie Crist has now officially filed to run for the position he once abandoned...When Florida needed Charlie Crist the most during difficult economic times, he ran away. If he really wants to be governor now, why did he quit the first time?"

An interesting question. Let me ask another one.


In 2006, Marco Rubio was the Speaker of the Florida House. For 2010, he ran for the same Senate seat Crist ran for.


To be fair, Rubio was at the end of his term limits in the Florida House. But he certainly could have run for a Florida State Senate seat, or even for Governor.


So now my question for Curry is: Did Marco Rubio abandon Florida during difficult economic times?


Or is it maybe that when there's a NATIONAL economic crisis, a US Senator has more they can do to help than a state governor?

Curry sure is counting on voters to not think things like this through. But that’s the only way Rick Scott will ever be re-elected, isn’t it?

1 comment :

  1. I'm not sure they thought through this line of attack. They are admitting they needed Charlie.

    ReplyDelete